Monday, November 12, 2007

Idaho Potato Soup


Idaho Potato Soup
Makes 8 to 10 servings or 2 1/2 quarts
  • 2/3 cup of butter or margarine
  • 2/3 cup of flour
  • 7 cups of milk (2% or whole works best)
  • 4 cups of Idaho potatoes baked peeled, and cubed (4 large size works well)
  • 4 green onions sliced
  • 12 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
  • 1 and 1/4 cups of shredded chedder cheese
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 3/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/ teaspoon of pepper

Melt butter in large soup pot. Stir in flour and stir until smooth. gradually add in milk, stirring contstantly until thick. Add potatoes, and onions. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Decrease heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until cheese is melt. Serve immediately.

The best advice I have seen my dad do this. When you prepare for dinner to cook. Aside all of ingredients in small bowls and ready as roll to cook. Without rush forget or miss something out while do the cooking. I got this recipe from my dad. He got it from his co-worker, dad who made this soup. Yummy!

Add pepper in the soup to your taste with buttered bread.

Enjoy this rich filling soup!!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow! That looks delicious! I'm going to have to try that one too!

Sandra said...

Yummy - how about I test yours? Hmm?